philco news..

L'area principale del Forum, dedicata alla storia e alla musica del famoso complesso di rock progressivo.

philco news..

Postby emmevu68 » 22 Mar 2010, 18:28

This news is brought to you by VH1 Radio’s Dave Basner

Earlier this week, Phil Collins was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as part of Genesis. Lately, the musician has been having some health problems and told us how he’s feeling.

“Well I’ve got things happening with my hands and stuff, which is a pain. I’ve got another operation on my wrist and elbow on Monday because I can’t even write my name, let alone play drums. But, I mean, I’m quite happy. I’m not morose about not being able to play. That’s all being dealt with and everything else is pretty good.”

So have the issues with his hands been affecting his work? Phil filled us in.

“You know, I mean, I am just finishing this record of covers, Motown covers record, or ‘60s covers record really – mainly Motown. I mean, I was able to play on it, thanks to Pro-Tools and a wonderful engineer. I could do all the keyboard stuff cause you work with computers and things, if the right hand misses a note, then you put it in the way it was supposed to have been (laughs).”

Collins went on to tell us where that covers album stands.

“You know, I mean, I started it for fun, really, and just chose all the Motown songs, the darker songs that I liked, the lesser known ones. And I ended up with about 40 of them and finished, I’ve actually finished about 29 of them.”
emmevu68
Foxtrotter
Foxtrotter

philco news..

Postby Dalex_61 » 22 Mar 2010, 19:47

Ma sta programmando un CD quadruplo? [:0][;)]
Dalex_61
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

philco news..

Postby genesisforever » 23 Mar 2010, 05:27

non riusciva nenche a scrivere...io temo che le condizioni di salute di phil siano (o siano state) più gravi di quanto si pensi...
Ciò che non ci uccide ci rende più forti.
genesisforever
Lamb
Lamb

Return to Genesis