Stagnation - Live - Solihull England 25 July 1972

L'area principale del Forum, dedicata alla storia e alla musica del famoso complesso di rock progressivo.

Postby whitershadepale » 17 Oct 2010, 00:07

YouTube link: Genesis - Stagnation - Live - Solihull England 1972

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5E9gBwbsus

My first attempt at video "art". It represents one fan's mental images inspired by lyrics from this Gabriel-era Genesis song:

I ask you to take a look at this video I made and see what you think of it.

Please let me know if you like it or hate it. "I made this!" from scratch. It took a lot of work and time.

==============================================
To Critics: Yes, I know. I created this piece before I knew that there was a "nuclear holocaust" meaning to the song given by Peter Gabriel as an introduction: "To Thomas S. Eiselberg, a very rich man, who was wise enough to spend all his fortunes in burying himself many miles beneath the ground. As the only surviving member of the human race, he inherited the whole world."
========================================­=====
THIS VIDEO'S STORY: The kingdom is in a period of relative calm, peace, and prosperity, but unease exists.

An army of knights, composed of both men and women, departs from the village of Solihull.

They seek a great castle which is said to be a wellspring of youth and happiness. Water and game are scarce this season, and the knights are hungry, thirsty and dehydrating.

Finally, they reach a small village and see a simple castle on a mountain. Rejuvenated, they ride towards the castle, but as they approach, different-looking castles appear on the same location.

A lightning storm begins and the castle finally reveals itself to be a sinister, evil fortress. There is madness and terror dwelling here. It must be destroyed. The knights attack but are repelled almost completely. But one woman remains standing and she single-handedly tears down the walls of the castle and sets it ablaze. The knights have prevailed.

Joyous peace returns, but one knight has been lost and left far away by a stagnant pool. His fate appears doomed, but in the end he (and a vast lake of sweet crystal water) are restored (by the female water goddess) to the village with the other conquering heroes. However, peace and calm will never be taken for granted again.
========================================­=====

Audio: Genesis recorded live at the Civic Hall, Solihull, England July 25, 1972.
Video: Scenes created from image files found on the Internet and elsewhere.

Audio Source: Genesis - Watcher Of All (PRRPGS005) DVD
PRRPGS005- GENESIS SERIES WATCHER OF ALL Jul 25, 1972 (Civic Hall - Solihull, England) Torrent - btjunkie
PRRP

For actual video footage of Genesis performing Stagnation live and also an interview, see my "Genesis - Stagnation (plus Interview) - Live at the Piper Club, Rome, Italy 1972" . (Unfortunately, only 4 minutes of the 10 minute song were videotaped.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqmtyYEha4

Therefore, for the FULL LENGTH (the full 10 minutes, but audio only) live version of Stagnation, see my "Genesis - Stagnation - Live at the Piper Club, Rome, Italy 1972"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CisVB_HVYfA

Thanks for looking in.

Tools employed: BT client, Microsoft Photo Editor(!), Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD
"...feel like letting my freak flag fly..."
whitershadepale
Charterhouser

Postby TRE » 17 Oct 2010, 04:42

thank you for your work.
i've jut put it on my fb page bicose i think it metter.
TRE
Lamb
Lamb

Postby whitershadepale » 17 Oct 2010, 05:20

quote:
Originally posted by TRE

thank you for your work.
i've jut put it on my fb page bicose i think it metter.

Vi ringrazio molto ... significa molto per me.

Noi amiamo l'Italia, perché hai amato tanto Genesis per tanti decenni.

[Thank YOU very much...it means a lot to me.

We love Italy because you have loved Genesis so much for so many decades.] Google Translate
whitershadepale
Charterhouser

Postby reallifepermanentdream » 18 Oct 2010, 13:08

Fine, Kevin.
I appreciate both the choice of the song and the images;
Stagnation and the very early Genesis Era are my favourites.
I don't know if You ever visited England's countryside,
but breathing the grass of that moors and walking among that architectures
it's just like hearing Trespass; no other Genesis album
but Trick shines that way......on my opinion.
Cheers.
reallifepermanentdream
Foxtrotter
Foxtrotter

Postby Tommy Banks » 18 Oct 2010, 14:20

Che meraviglia..il mio pezzo preferito di Trespass...
Tommy Banks
Lamb
Lamb

Postby whitershadepale » 18 Oct 2010, 17:22

quote:
Originally posted by reallifepermanentdream

Fine, Kevin.
I appreciate both the choice of the song and the images;
Stagnation and the very early Genesis Era are my favourites.
I don't know if You ever visited England's countryside,
but breathing the grass of that moors and walking among that architectures
it's just like hearing Trespass...
Cheers.

Thank you for taking your important and valuable time to comment.
It turns out that, yes, I did visit England in 1978 and all of it was a life-changing experience---London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bath and Stonehenge, etc. of course---but I was most affected by touring and staying in the ***Cotswolds*** for a while. Now that >really< made an impact on me that has never left, and I think the essence of the experience is distilled in the artwork, and of course the songs, from the Trespass album. That is why Trespass and some other early Genesis makes me think of Medieval times, and later, of Victorian times. Musing since you brought this to my attention/memory afresh, yes, I am positive that these definitely influenced the design of my videos. Take care, my fellow traveler.
whitershadepale
Charterhouser

Postby Rael1978 » 18 Oct 2010, 18:33

Thanks whiteshadeofpale.
You've contacted me,through vimeo,in these days [;)] and i reply,mentioning you this italian Genesis Forum.
I've seen your video two or three months ago,and I loved it immediately.
Great montage,great song,epic images.
Rael1978
Lamb
Lamb

Return to Genesis