Simon COLLINS suona i GENESIS

Scrivete qui i messaggi dedicati al simpatico "singing drummer", sempre coinvolto in una miriade di collaborazioni e progetti paralleli.

Postby Rael Matrix » 12 Jun 2007, 05:01

Rael Matrix
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Rael Matrix » 12 Jun 2007, 05:34

Ai complimenti su KEEP IT DARK Simon risponde cosi':

"Well, I'm touched. I'm really so happy to hear your feedback everyone!

Dave and I thought long and hard about how we wanted to approach this track. Originally there were so many different styles we wanted to bring into it, and directions we could have taken it. That is why we have quite a few remixes on the way. But we really knew how important it was to stay true to the original. Adding our own flavors of Eurotronica was certainly a must, and I think we did that without turning it into something too leftfield from the original. I am very proud to have done this with the Squidinator. We had sooooo much freakin fun doing it too, and that speaks volumes in the track itself. The "keep it dark" break turned into a bit of a joke at one point. If you listen to it enough times on its own when you're editing or working on the sound design, it starts to give you this mental image. Like the kind of music or sound effects you would hear in a movie where humans are being slave driven by aliens in some hot, steamy alien slave pit....lol.

As you can tell, we had a lot of ridiculous and silly moments that made it so much fun to work on. We also had fun going through the 5.1 mixes, especially of KiD. We had the tracks separated so you could hear the vocals on its own, and we could actually hear the guide track play back on my Dad's headphones...It was eerie, but very kool. All in all, it was 20 days of Genesis mania in the studio!!! From watching the Squids "lamb" video, to putting up the 5.1's, to getting in touch with Hackett to play on a track for the new album, or just kicking back and watching all the old Gen vids. We dove right in at the deep end and drew as much inspiration from our love of the band as possible. We even got to a point where we were seriously considering doing an entire Genesis cover album...LOL! hmmmm who knows? Maybe one day far, far away. But in this case, I think we were just delirious and high on Genesis!

So, once again, thank you all for your kind words and positive (((vibes)))

much love,

KiD
Simon"
Rael Matrix
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Senka76 » 12 Jun 2007, 06:54

ma è proprio che canta o è Phil[:D]?
Senka76
Lamb
Lamb