il suo secondo matrimonio

Scrivete qui i messaggi dedicati al simpatico "singing drummer", sempre coinvolto in una miriade di collaborazioni e progetti paralleli.

Postby Rael Matrix » 06 Aug 2007, 20:39

fu celebrato il 4 agosto del 1984.

Tra i presenti, oltre alla sposa Jill Tavelman ,i figli Simon(7) e Joelly(11) avuti nel precedente matrimonio.
I Genesis al gran completo.Ma Peter e Tony non hanno "voluto" partecipare alle jam-session[:0]
[:-!]Peccato.

Una cronaca dell'epoca (prima che se ne perda la memoria).

The big news in August was Phil's marriage to Jill Tavelman on Saturday 4th. The reception was in the garden of Phil's Surrey home, with a big marquee to accommodate all the famous and not-so-famous guests - and with a stage down one end should Phil wish to get behind a drum kit!

The theme was '50's style, and a jazz band, the Bob Kerr Whoopee band, provided general entertainment, and Phil's manager Tony Smith was best man.

By the time Phil took the stage, he'd lined up an interesting band that kicked straight off into a set of familiar rock'n'roll numbers. The band ran: Eric Clapton on guitar, Robert Plant on vocals, Daryl Stuermer guitar, Gary Brooker on keyboards, Mo Foster on bass, and of course Phil on drums.

After their set there followed quite a surprise in the form of another 'instant' band line-up: Steve Hackett guitars, Chester Thompson on drums, Mike Rutherford on bass, Phil on vocals and also Robbie Blunt and Bob Mayo from Robert Plant's band. Not surprisingly the material was very close to Genesis' music, and an excellent time was had by all! In keeping with the informal, inpromptu arrangements of the playing through the day, none of these interesting combinations were recorded - it was very much a one-off. Steve Bishop also joined in for one song at one point in the proceedings, and amongst musicians who were there but didn't join in the musical activities were Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, and Adam Ant. Taylor Hackford ('Against All Odds'-film) and Ahmet and Neshui Ertegan from Atlantic Records in New York were also there amongst a crowd that included Pamela Stephenson and Billy Connolly, people from the village and the landlord from Phil's local pub!

One immaculately dressed guy caused much confusion because everyone thought he looked familiar and very famous but couldn't place him - he actually turned out to be the person who installed Phil's jacuzzi!

Phil 'n Jill had time for only a short break after as Phil wanted to be here while his children Simon and Joely were over from Vancouver for the summer holidays. At the end of August they went back and Phil 'n Jill went off on honeymoon to a suitably exotic location. When they got back Phil continued work on his new album - writing songs, planning recording and what various embellishments to add...
Rael Matrix
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Lidia » 06 May 2008, 07:32

Approfittando della convalescenza mi sono letta i libri di Giammetti su Banks, Hackett e Collins (bellissimi davvero)[8:-x], e, a parte le questioni prettamente tecniche, devo dire che il buon vecchio Phil sembra avere davvero in cuore "ballerino"[;)][;)], anche perche' mentre era ancora sposato con Jill, e' entrata in ballo Lavinia, una vecchia fiamma di 20 anni prima (presente gia' ai tempi del matrimonio con la prima moglie: strano tira e molla), che poi sembra sia stata la causa del termine del secondo matrimonio. Se poi ci mettiamo che subito dopo ha incontrato Orianna............e che poi ha chiuso anche con lei.............[:0]
....I call you for I must leave
You're on your own until the end
There was a choice but now is gone
I'll said you wouldn't undesrstand
Take what's yours and be damned........
Lidia
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Rael » 06 May 2008, 08:07

Uccello senza nido.....[:-I]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]
"No,non sono un genio.Sono incasinato.Sono merdoso come tutti gli altri e sono anche meraviglioso,come tutti gli altri.Credo che il duro lavoro e l'impegno producano tanto quanto il talento".
PG intervistato da Armando Gallo
Rael
Lamb
Lamb

Postby mozo » 06 May 2008, 08:20

quote:
Originally posted by Rael

Uccello senza nido.....[:-I]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

Mi appello al Garante dei minori..[:D][:D]
"I want everybody to know that Mozo is here"
mozo
England Seller
England Seller

Postby Rael » 06 May 2008, 08:23

Luckylucky dovrebbe essere a scuola......[:-D][;)]
"No,non sono un genio.Sono incasinato.Sono merdoso come tutti gli altri e sono anche meraviglioso,come tutti gli altri.Credo che il duro lavoro e l'impegno producano tanto quanto il talento".
PG intervistato da Armando Gallo
Rael
Lamb
Lamb

Postby mozo » 06 May 2008, 08:29

Lui si...ma ultimamente sul Forum postano ragazzi e ragazze sotto i 18 anni..[^]
I vecchietti come te stanno per essere spazzati via dalla new wave..[:D][:-D]
mozo
England Seller
England Seller

Postby marcoleodori » 06 May 2008, 08:34

Ha parlato un giovincello... [:D][:D][:D]
E sarà la prima che incontri per strada,
che tu coprirai d'oro
per un bacio mai dato,
per un amore nuovo...
marcoleodori
Lamb
Lamb

Postby mozo » 06 May 2008, 08:35

quote:
Originally posted by marcoleodori

Ha parlato un giovincello... [:D][:D][:D]

Sono piu' giovane di BEN 2 anni...[;^(]
mozo
England Seller
England Seller

Postby marcoleodori » 06 May 2008, 08:37

Io sono ancora più giovane... praticamente un bimbo! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
E sarà la prima che incontri per strada,
che tu coprirai d'oro
per un bacio mai dato,
per un amore nuovo...
marcoleodori
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Lidia » 06 May 2008, 08:44

Io non sono piu' una ragazzina "di primo pelo" ma la passione per i Genesis vedo che non ha eta'[:p][:p][:p], e comunque non mi sento assolutamente una vecchietta, anzi[:-D][:-D]
....I call you for I must leave
You're on your own until the end
There was a choice but now is gone
I'll said you wouldn't undesrstand
Take what's yours and be damned........
Lidia
Lamb
Lamb

Postby Squonk87 » 06 May 2008, 10:44

io sono maggiorenne kuindi tranquilli;)
Squonk87
Foxtrotter
Foxtrotter

Postby Parcu » 06 May 2008, 13:11

Io no ma non importa[:-D][:D][;)]
When the limos return for their final review, it's all thru'
- all they can see is the morning goo.
"There's no-one left alive - must be a draw."
So the Blackcap Barons toss a coin to settle the score!!!
Parcu
Lamb
Lamb

Return to Phil Collins - Brand X - Big Band