waters e gilmour insieme

Un'area dedicata all'esplorazione dell'universo musicale in genere, e degli altri protagonisti del rock progressivo in particolare.

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby theknife » 11 Jul 2010, 20:50

è accaduto il 10 luglio x beneficienza...hanno eseguito wywh con guy pratt leggete qua...

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... ign=100711
Tell me my life is about to begin, tell me that I am a hero, promise me all of your violent dreams light up your body with anger
theknife
Lamb
Lamb

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby flak » 12 Jul 2010, 07:09

ommammamia...

scaletta:
To Know Him Is To Love Him (un canto tradizionale caro a Waters)
Wish you were here
Comfortbaly Numb
Another Brick in The Wall pt.2

già si mormora della presenza di David per il tour di The Wall... io ancora non ci credo, ma hai visto mai?
It 's over to you
flak
Foxtrotter
Foxtrotter

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby Moonhead » 12 Jul 2010, 09:03

semplicemente:

SBAVO! [:p]

si vocifera di una comparsata londinese nel 2011. nel caso io muoio felice. [:D]
La violenza non raggiunge mai la dignita' di ideologia, anche quando cerca giustificazioni in asserite necessita' rivoluzionarie: essa e' sempre e comunque urgenza di potere, esibizione individualista. (cit. Faber)
rockprogressive.it
in floyd we trust

Ma la sai usare, vero?
Moonhead
Lamb
Lamb

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby mrpinky » 14 Jul 2010, 16:59

Belle foto nel sito di Polly Samson: http://www.pollysamson.com/photography.htm
ed in quello ufficiale di Gilmour.
"Mr.Pinky"
Historian of the Floyd's vinyls in the world.

«The Ultimate Pink Floyd Vinyl Discography» ,
http://digilander.libero.it/mrpinky
mrpinky
Trespasser
Trespasser

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby Dusk » 14 Jul 2010, 18:11

quote:
Originally posted by Moonhead

semplicemente:

SBAVO! [:p]

si vocifera di una comparsata londinese nel 2011. nel caso io muoio felice. [:D]

Sarà il 14 maggio per caso?? [:D][O:-)]
La vita non è quella che si è vissuta, ma quella che si ricorda e come la si ricorda per raccontarla
Dusk
Lamb
Lamb

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby mrpinky » 15 Jul 2010, 14:21

Ultime notizie. Su Facebook, Waters in persona ha spiegato come è andata per la piccola serata di reunion, stavolta è stato Gilmour ad insistere e gli ha promesso di suonare "Comfortably Numb" in una serata londinese!!!
Notizie su: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Pink_Floyd/index/

E' così confermato che è stato praticamente David (lui stesso) a invitare Roger per la serata di beneficienza.
Aggiungo che i pezzi originariamente erano tre, ma un tizio pieno di soldi ha offerto 50.000 sterline per sentire "ABitWp2"...! E così hanno fatto il quarto pezzo!!!
Last edited by mrpinky on 15 Jul 2010, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Mr.Pinky"
Historian of the Floyd's vinyls in the world.

«The Ultimate Pink Floyd Vinyl Discography» ,
http://digilander.libero.it/mrpinky
mrpinky
Trespasser
Trespasser

waters e gilmour insieme

Postby flak » 16 Jul 2010, 08:07

Ecco la comunicazione di Roger: David suonerà a un concerto, ma non si sa quale...

---------------------------------------
So here's what happened. Last year, 'The Hoping Foundation' a charity that supports Palestinian refugee kids, (www.hopingfoundation.org) put on a fund raiser at Ronnie Scott's Club in London, the idea of which was to raise money by auctioning karaoke performances by various celebrities. David was there as a supporter and was moved to perform an impromptu rendition of George Gershwin's 'Summertime?' which he performed aided and abetted by supermodel Kate Moss.

In the wake of that evening, someone, I think it was David himself, came up with this 'Wouldn't it be funny', idea. What if he (David that is) were to sing the old Teddy Bears song 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' with me (Roger that is), what with us having been so famously at each other's throats for years and years. Get it!!!! Anyway he E-mailed me with this suggestion and I loved it, so then it was just a question of juggling dates and deciding to do 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Comfortably Numb' to round out our little set. Or so I thought, until he sent me a number of very musical and eloquent demos of how we could do the song in two-part harmony. I listened with a sinking heart, knowing that David, with his superior vocal skills, could sing either part standing on his head, whilst I would have to search for a different key and then struggle through hours and hours of routining a performance that lay way outside my vocal comfort zone. To my eternal shame I bottled out and told Dave I would happily do 'Wish You Were Here' and 'C. Numb', but that 'To Know him is to Love him' was beyond me.

Some weeks passed with David cajoling me from time to time, telling me how easy it would be, but I clung resolutely to my fear of failure until one day he made one final entreaty. I quote "If you do 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' for The Hoping Foundation Gig, I'll come and do 'C. Numb' on one of your Wall shows". Well! You could have knocked me down with a feather. How fucking cool! I was blown away. How could I refuse such an offer. I couldn't, there was no way. Generosity trumped fear. And so explaining that I would probably be shite, but if he didn't mind I didn't, I agreed and the rest is history. We did it, and it was fucking great. End of story. Or possibly beginning.

Roger

PS. Just heard from David, he will decide in due course which gig he wants to do, it will be a surprise!
It 's over to you
flak
Foxtrotter
Foxtrotter

Return to Rock progressivo (e non...)